Thursday, June 12, 2008

A LABOR OF LOVE

My oldest son Dale and his family will be sealed in the Salt Lake Temple on July 15 so I decided I wanted to do something special. I thought and thought and then it came to me. I decided to take my very first Temple dress and make dresses for the girls. It was a challange at times picking apart all the seams and then trying to figure out how to cut both dresses out with the amount of material I had. It felt the spirit often as I sewed and I sincerely enjoyed making them. I hope they realize how special these dresses are. If they don't now, someday they will I'm sure.

7 comments:

Hunt Family said...

I think the dresses are beautiful and when the girls are older they will ber much appreciate your labor of love and the sentiment behind them.

Amy said...

Beautiful! I know I sure appreciate it!

Elizabeth said...

They turned out beautiful! Why didn't you ever teach me how to sew? I think I need to learn how! I think it is so special that these came from an old temple dress of yours!

Chad and Nicole said...

I can't believe it Margie! Those dresses are so beautiful! What a neat thing that will be for Ashlee and Kynlee to have those dresses, and part of their Mimi.

Anonymous said...

That wonderful idea of yours turned out beautiful. Imagine the story they'll tell their children, I mean, you've just made a wonderful memory. Stephanie

Melanie said...

Those are vey beautiful. Good job!

The Clanton Gang said...

Margie--those are SO beautiful! You are such a good grandma! :) And I know you're ecstatic about having everyone together to be sealed. What a neat thing! I wish I would be there. :)