Sunday, April 6, 2008

GREAT CONFERENCE!!

I just have to say... that was one of the best conferences I have ever heard. Many of the talks touched my heart. Especially Boyd K Packard, talking about motherhood and parenting. So many times I have regretted choices I made when my children were young and thought if I had not been so busy with MY own life or spent more quality time with them, or given more encouragement, or handeled situation's differently, they may have had fewer struggles. Oh well enough of that. But remember everyone ...listen to a wise old woman...keep your eyes open for the little moments, don't be so busy that you miss them. I love the way he said we only have them for less than a forth of our lives, that is such a short period of time, use it wisely.

President Monson's talk was so sweet, there is no doubt in my mind HE IS A PROPHET OF GOD!.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Good post mom!! I knew you had it in you!

Amy said...

It is hard to remember to look for the little moments. But I do try. This is something I need to remind myself of on a very regular basis...

Elizabeth said...

I like this background a lot! Wish I would have found it for myself!!!LOL

Kimberly said...

I really saw a different side to Pres. Monson this conference. He, as my blogging friend Tifani said, did now seem to carry the mantle of the prophet. I miss Pres. Hinckley so much, but really knew in my heart that Pres. Monson is our prophet today.

Misty said...

hey I agree. It is tough when you are in it though. I want to do all those things and try but it is so exhausting sometimes. Don't be so hard on yourself. I know you did alot for Jeff and I. Maybe that counts for something.